I’ve often been asked about my daily routine. It’s pretty cool. I’m very happy with it, but there are some downsides to having one too. It may be easiest just to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of a daily routine.
Before I continue, it’s probably worth introducing myself. My name is Pri’.
I used to live in a blast zone far, far away from here, until my daily routine helped me get off my butt and move. Quite literally. She simply picked me up and flew with me each day until eventually we wound up here.
She’s a good routine. It’s amazing how powerful she is. You wouldn’t know it at first. She does the same types of things, like cleaning herself, over and over. She can be a little boring.
But it’s those things that make her powerful and strong. Actually those are some of the advantages and disadvantages of a daily routine. Let me tell you more.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of a Daily Routine
A daily routine is awesome. Having one is one of the best ways to accomplish amazing things. After all, it’s one thing to get something done inconsistently; it’s another to get something done every day, and a routine is nothing if not a daily routine, and a daily routine is all about doing the same thing every day.
Sure, that can seem boring, but it doesn’t have to be. Consistency is something that you have to look at in the right light. When you realize that fun drives success and you find ways to change chores into fun activities you can enjoy the consistency.
After all, taking flight each and every day may seem boring to some, but it’s definitely something I find exciting. When you see the things you do as taking flight – in your hopes and dreams and life goals – you will find a lot more excitement in your routine.
A Simple List
If you want a specific list to the advantage and disadvantages of a daily routine, here they are.
- Repetitive – There’s only so many times you can see a routine lick it’s beak.
- Inflexible – When a routine wants to do something, you do it, or it might fly away.
- Monotonous – A routine is an animal that does the same things every day.
If these seem like non-negotiables to you, then think about not having a routine. Isn’t being unable to accomplish what you want and be successful repetitive, inflexible, and monotonous? In fact, too often we want to have so many options in what we do, but having too many choices is a bad thing. Sometimes the best thing to do is to narrow down our focus and enjoy what we’re doing.
With a routine at least you can find ways to change your view and enjoy doing the same things on a daily basis (in fact, Yaki’ wrote a post specifically on how to make things fun). You have control, because of the advantages of a routine.
- Powerful – Routines and their desire to do things daily are able to get a lot done, almost to an unexpected level.
- Strong – When you lift weights every day, you can’t help but be strong.
- Skilled – Just like lifting each day makes you strong, doing activities each day makes you skilled.
- Successful – When you have a fence to put up, when you do it consistently, it gets done. This is true for most things you put time into consistently.
What is your daily routine? Do you have one? Are you ready to fly and find the key to motivation?